Care: At least some of the information about this charity is no longer current. Use the ‘Search charity names’ box to see if there is a later review. If the latest review has a message like this, you are welcome to make your case for an updated review via email to email@example.com.
If this is you, then please stop and consider the following:
- This is an organisation that has a public invitation to young people to enter into financial agreements likely to be life-changing,
- This is an organisation, a registered charity, that collected $412K last year, but where the leaders
- have shown their disdain for their legal responsibilities as the responsible people of the charity, by submitting a financial report that is grossly deficient
- apparently have not instituted any controls to ensure that money given to the charity gets into the charity’s bank account
- have, on the evidence of the audit report, appointed an incompetent auditor.
- This is an organisation that includes in its constitution provision for taking the advice of ‘elders’ before making major decisions, but where those elders are not identified, nor disclosed on any ‘YWAM Australia’ website.
- This is an organisation that is part of a movement where
A draft of this review was sent to the charity. This was their (late) response:
Thank you for your correspondence. Our Management Committee and financial
auditor have reviewed the information mentioned. We take your comments
- The leaders are not shown on the website. ↑
- https://www.facebook.com/brendan.edwards3;https://www.facebook.com/ywamwhitsunday/posts/1458209324209321 ↑
- The constitution, ACNC Register. ↑
- Financial Report 2019, ACNC Register. ↑
- They got a qualified audit opinion because of this. ↑
- Clause 2: ↑
- The constitution [ACNC Register] says, in clause 2, that YWAM Whitsunday is a denomination: ↑