Care: At least some of the information about this charity is no longer current. Use the ‘Search charity names’ box to see if there is a later review. If the latest review has a message like this, you are welcome to make your case for an updated review via email to email@example.com.
If this is you, then please pause and consider the following:
- This is an organisation that has a public invitation to young people to enter financial agreements likely to be life-changing,
- that is directed by a Committee of just three people, with two of these being a couple and the ‘Leadership Team’.
- that has a Committee
- that has a membership (to whom the Committee is accountable), that requires potential members to be staff.
- This is an organisation, a registered charity, that collected $632K last year, but where the leaders have shown their disdain for their legal responsibilities as the responsible persons of the charity, by
- This is an organisation where the reviewer of the Financial Report, Alan Norman MIPA, has issued a report that does not comply with the Auditing Standards.
- This is an organisation that is part of a movement where
- periodically there are credible reports of abuse of students
- there is a lack of accountability
- there is an unwillingness to submit to independent scrutiny of their information.
A draft of this review was sent to the charity. They….did not respond.
- https://ywamtoowoomba.com/: ↑
- The leaders are not shown on the website. ↑
- https://soundcloud.com/ywam-toowoomba/anchor-for-my-soul-nathan-edgell ↑
- Because YWAM Toowoomba operates a fund, gifts to which may be tax deductible [ABN Lookup, via the ACNC Register], the composition of this committee may be in breach of clause 12 of the charity’s constitution: ↑
- The constitution, ACNC Register. ↑
- Financial Report 2019, ACNC Register. ↑
- The last time they submitted on time was for the 2015 year. ↑
- An ARBN for operating interstate, and a registered business name for ‘YWAM Toowoomba’. ↑
- For example, clause 12: ↑
- The only mention of Australia in a long list of ‘global contacts’ all around the world is ‘Pacific & Asia Field Convenor’. ↑