Care: At least some of the information about this charity is no longer current. Use the ‘Search charity names’ box to see if there is a later review. If the latest review has a message like this, you are welcome to make your case for an updated review via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this is you, then please pause and consider the following:
- This is an organisation that has a public invitation to young people to enter agreements, at not insignificant cost, that are likely to be life-changing,
- that is governed by a Committee of just three people
- that does not identify these people, nor the people directing the operation, on its website
- that has a Committee that that has no outsiders (even from another YWAM)
- that has a membership (to whom the Committee is accountable) that appears to be restricted to staff of the organisation.
- This is an organisation, a registered charity, that had revenue of $1.75 million in the 2020 year, but where the responsible persons continue to show their disdain for their legal responsibilities by
- This is an organisation that gives no information on what it achieved (outcomes, results, or impact) from all that it does, and is doing (using labour funded by donors).
- This is an organisation that is part of a movement where
- periodically there are credible reports of abuse of students
- there is a lack of accountability: the external YWAM body that this and many Australian YWAMs constitutions say needs to be involved in some of the important decisions, appears not to exist
- The members resist independent scrutiny of their information.
A draft of this review was sent to the charity.
The organisation….did not respond.
- For the previous review, see here. ↑
- This is the name under which they trade – see, for example, the website – yet, contrary to the law, they have not registered it. ↑
- Brian Hunsberger, Faull John Daniel and Patricia Hensser ↑
- Clause 12 of the constitution [ACNC Register]. ↑
- Clause 4 ↑
- Two of the four required financial statements are missing.The two financial statements that are included are non-compliant.There is no ‘responsible persons’ declaration.Most of the required Notes (Notes to the Financial Statements) are missing.The audit report is well short of what is required by the profession.
has a strange title
has no signs of ownership by the responsible persons of YWAMSC
includes two letters that should not be included. ↑
- Also, the name that it uses on the ACNC Register is slightly incorrect. ↑
- Not on their website, but common to YWAMs: ↑ ↑
- For instance, in appeals against expulsion (the constitution): ↑
- The only mention of Australia in a long list of ‘global contacts’ all around the world is ‘Pacific & Asia Field Convenor’. ↑