Care: At least some of the information about this charity is no longer current. Use the ‘Search charity names’ box to see if there is a later review. If the latest review has a message like this, you are welcome to make your case for an updated review via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a charity review, a review for those with an interest in the Australian charity Youth With a Mission 318 Ministry Inc (YWAM318).
It is structured according to the charity’s entry on the ACNC[i]Register, and its purpose is to supply some information extra to what is there, information that may be helpful in your decision about YWAM318.
It is up to you to decide whether any or all of the information presented here is what you need in order to make that decision, and whether you should seek any other information, either from the charity itself or from other sources.
- Prior to publishing this review, I sent my observations to the charity, on 31 March 2016, and invited them to comment. They did not respond. (They did, however, lodge their AIS 2013 and constitution, and change two of their Charity Details, the next day.)
Organisation of this review
- The first part of this review is organised according to the headings in the Register entry. This is how to use this section of the review:
- For each heading in the register entry, first read the information under that heading.
- Then check if that heading is included below. (Headings for which there is no comment are not included.)
- ACNC Register (including links)
- Google search on the charity’s name.
- YWAM318 website – to the extent possible given that I can’t read Korean.
- FaceBook. (From a search – the button on the website doesn’t work.) Not on LinkedIn.
- State government fundraising licence registers.
- No reviews on Glassdoor yet. (There are for YWAM generally though.)
Overdue by 13 months
- YWM318 remains a charity; it’s just that it is no longer entitled to the tax concessions.
- YWAM318 is a NSW incorporated association (No. INC9874910).
- YWAM Australia calls this charity ‘Sydney 318 Korean’.
- There is no other charity on the Register with ‘318’ in its name.
- Still seeking donations on the website.
- No fundraising licence in their home state.
- Although no tax deduction is claimable for a donation to YWAM318, and never has been, their ‘Ministry School Building Fund, despite the revocation of the registration of the charity running it, still has deductible gift recipient status.
Charity Address for Service
- Despite the complete lack of reporting since it became registered, and no updates in Facebook since July 2015, somebody changed this address twice since 14 March 2016.
Charity Street Address
- Postal address, from the website: P.O.BOX 67, Glenorie, NSW 2157.
- I have no reason to believe that this doesn’t work.
- From the website: email@example.com.
- From White Pages: 02 9652 0681
- From the Google search: www.ywam318.org. (It is in Korean.)
- The AIS 2013 is too old to be of relevance.
- When I sent them wrote this review, YWAM318 was a member of Missions Interlink[ii]. It appears that they have since either resigned or their membership has been revoked.
- As a member, YWAM318 was required to ‘have available for its members and supporters a clear and appropriate financial statement which has been approved by its auditor [Standards Statement, 4.1]
- I rang them, on 15 March 2016, but was unable to speak to anybody who knew anything about reporting. A message was to be given to the person in charge of the ‘base’, but I didn’t hear back from anybody.
REGISTRATION STATUS HISTORY
- Before the revocation was effected, the ACNC would have made multiple attempts to contact YWAM318.
- If following its constitution, YWAM318 should have a board of seven.
- The leaders are, or at were when this was written, ‘Tae Skik and Sun’.
(End of review)
[i] Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission, Australia’s national regulator of charities.