Care: At least some of the information about this charity is no longer current. Use the ‘Search charity names’ box to see if there is a later review. If the latest review has a message like this, you are welcome to make your case for an updated review via email to email@example.com.
Mini-charity review of Friends of Indian Evangelical Mission Australia (FIEMA), an organisation that invites the public, on its website, to donate to it. (Including the answers to the questions that the Australian charity regulator, the ACNC, suggests that you ask.)
Are they responsive to feedback?
- When sent a draft of this review, they…did not respond.
Is FIEMA registered?
- Not as a charity.
- This means that they are not entitled to any charity tax concessions.
- Not incorporated.
- This means that the members are personally liable for the actions of FIEMA.
- It has an ABN.
- But is not registered for GST.
What does FIEMA do?
- ‘FIEMA seeks to promote the interests of the Indian Evangelical Mission by informing Australian Christians about the work done by IEM missionaries, and raising financial and prayer support for the Mission.’
- But the ‘Mission’, on the same page, is the mission of the Indian organization, not FIEMA.
Do they share the Gospel?
What impact are they having?
- No information found.
What do they spend outside the costs directly incurred in delivering the above impact, that is, on administration?
- No financial information is published, so it is not possible to make this calculation.
Can you get a tax deduction?
Is their online giving secure?
- NA – not offered.
What choices do you have in how your donation is used?
- None shown on the website.
Is their reporting up-to-date?
- No reporting by regulatory authorities is required.
- However, their Associate membership of Missions Interlink requires them to “have available for [their] members and supporters a clear and appropriate financial statement which has been approved by its auditor.” It’s not offered on the website, so just ask.
Does their reporting comply with the regulator’s requirements?
What financial situation was shown in that Report?
What did the auditor say about the last financial statements?
If a charity, is their page on the ACNC Register complete?
Who are the people controlling the organisation?
- On the website:
- National Director : Vincent Devasahayam – 0424 396 096 firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Secretary – Mr Dev Daniel
- Is it this Dev Daniel?
- National Treasurer – Mr Rex Christopher
- Is it this Rex Christopher?
- National Prayer Co-ordinator – Mr Vincent Devasahayam
- National Promotions Co-ordinator – no name; presumably vacant
- National Outreach Co-ordinator– no name; presumably vacant
To whom is FIEMA accountable?
- To Missions Interlink via its Associate membership.
- You might ask them whether it is acceptable for a member not to be a registered charity.