Care: At least some of the information about this charity is no longer current. Use the ‘Search charity names’ box to see if there is a later review. If the latest review has a message like this, you are welcome to make your case for an updated review via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mini charity review of CWCI International (CWCI), as an organisation that invites you, on its website, to donate to it. (Including the answers to the questions that the Australian charity regulator, the ACNC, suggests that you ask.)
Are they responsive to feedback?
- They did not respond to the draft that I sent them on 10 February, nor, because of the ABN added to their website, to the amended draft sent on 27 February.
Is CWCI registered?
- Yes, as a charity. But in a different name, Christian Women Communicating International.
- The name they are using, CWCI International, is not registered to them.
- Not to be confused with the charity, CWCI International Aust Inc Halls Gap Committee.
- Not to be confused with Christian Women Communicating Intl in Aust.
What does CWCI do?
- ‘The International Board’s primary ministry is to arrange the production of Know Your Bible (KYB) studies and their translation for use worldwide’ (emphasis in original) [http://www.cwci.org.au/about.php].
- Donations are for ‘the current translation projects’.
Do they share the Gospel?
- Not their mission.
What impact are they having?
- No information found.
What do they spend outside the costs directly incurred in delivering the above impact, that is, on administration?
- No financial information is available.
- As a Basic Religious Charity they are even exempt from completing Section E of the Annual Information Statement 2015 (AIS 2015).
- However, their Associate membership of Missions Interlink requires them to “have available for [their] members and supporters a clear and appropriate financial statement which has been approved by its auditor.” So just ask.
Can you get a tax deduction?
Is their online giving secure?
- PayPal is used, so yes.
What choices do you have in how your donation is used?
Is their reporting up-to-date?
- Yes (six months after their year-end, two days before the deadline).
Does their reporting comply with the regulator’s requirements?
- AIS 2015: Almost – no outcomes are given.
- Financial Report 2015: Yes
What financial situation was shown in that Report?
What did the auditor say about the last financial statements?
- No audit report has been made public.
If a charity, is their page on the ACNC Register complete?
- Except for their phone number, yes.
Who are the people controlling the organisation?
- No names on the website.
- From ‘Responsible Persons’ on the ACNC Register:
- Margaret Gardner
- Kate Graham
- Diana James
- Lynette Schier
- Lisa Watson
To whom is CWCI accountable?